Senior Web Developer — Noble Studios, 2012-current
I wear many hats at this international digital marketing agency. Primarily I am a senior web developer, and it has been my responsibility to lead and mentor the development team, develop and manage development processes, work with each department to ensure projects are well scoped, estimated, and architected, as well as writing quality code for many types of web projets.
- Architect. Responsible for project estimation, scope development, and overall architecture for large and high risk DMO, ecommerce, and marketing web projects. Supporting the sales team through research and planning. Supporting the project management team by helping clarify scope and developing accurate estimates. Mentoring the development team. Creating accurate data model and technical documents.
- DevOps. Managed Chef Server, developed custom Chef cookbooks, managed marketing web hosting infrastructure for large hospital system, ecommerce systems, and international websites on Rackspace and AWS. Implemented Jenkins into build process. Implemented Vagrant & Docker based development workflows. Used packer to build custom development images. Implemented capistrano for consistent deployments.
- Web Developer Developed custom WordPress plugins to meet HIPAA requirements for storing data at rest. Developed custom WordPress theme framework for rapid theme development. Extensive xperience with WordPress, ExpressionEngine, and CraftCMS; Proficient with Drupal 7 & 8, and Magento 1.7.
- Developed internal tool for managing company passwords that integrated into company AD
- Effectively managed external development team on a high risk Drupal project
- Developed performance monitoring systems
- Successfully implemented a modern, consistent, and scalable development process
- Defined processes and best practices for technical documentation
- Architected several large Magento, WordPress, and Drupal projects
- Developed WordPress framework as basis for companies boutique WordPress theme projects
Partner / Developer — Lab Analytix, 2011-2012
We built a custom ERP designed for mining companies to manage the life cycle of mining samples.
- Architecting Core ERP system
- Front End Development
- Back End Development
- Developed websocket based system for reading scale data in real time
- Developed REST API for ERP system
- Built a "task builder" to allow managers to customize the testing processes for each core sample